DIY, decorating, and navigating through life as a newlywed.

Saturday, June 22, 2013

New Entertainment Center

Remember that freebie hutch bottom that I posted about the other day?  Well it's done! 

After two coats of Behr Antique White and a little distressing, I now have a wonderful new entertainment stand that eliminates all of the ugly cords hanging out of our monstrous TV and numerous game systems.

Here it was before:



And here she is now:

I sprayed the handles with oil rubbed bronze.  Much better.

I'm thinking of getting a skinny woven basket or something to go on one side of the X-Box to hold remotes.

I am so in love with the end result!  This is probably my favorite piece that I've done.  It's even prettier in person, I promise.  I don't know why, but this picture doesn't really do it justice.

And as a reminder, here is our old TV stand: 

Can you say, "Bachelor Pad" when you see this?
So much better!  The stand is actually BIGGER than the TV...

So what do you think?  An improvement?

No comments:

Post a Comment