DIY, decorating, and navigating through life as a newlywed.

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year, New Goals

Happy New Year!  2013 is going to be great!  

I have a few goals for the new year.  I never seem to keep my resolutions, but I think that the two that I'm setting for myself are reasonable:


1. Get fit and healthy.
2. Become more organized.

Goal 1: Before school started back up, I was doing an awesome job working out every single day over the summer.  I even ran my first 5k ever!  And I felt great about myself and my body.  But then school started and I went back to spending two hours of each day driving, followed by getting home and doing more and more work.  I am exhausted when I get home from teaching.  Working out is the last thing I want to do.  But the hubs and I have planned out our meals for the week, along with the corresponding exercise for each day.  I think since we're doing it together this time, this will work.  I also signed up for Weight Watchers again because it worked for me in the past, and I'm hoping it'll work for me again.  My parents even got me new running shoes for Christmas!

Goal 2: I've already started accomplishing this goal.  I totally overhauled both of my kitchen pantries and the fridge.  They look great.  I only have pictures of one pantry, though.

Before

After
I mean, my house isn't always a disaster.  But there are some aspects of my home that I'd just like to be more organized.  Of course, the hubs will have to help with this goal, too.

How about you?  Do you have any goals for the new year?

No comments:

Post a Comment