DIY, decorating, and navigating through life as a newlywed.

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Living Room Updates

Well, I know it's been a while, so I've got a few things to talk about today.  This might be a bit of a scatterbrained post, but it does all go together.  Promise.

So a few weeks ago, I picked up this old, dingy ladder that would never be safe to stand on again.


I just love all of the rust.  I know, it's kind of
a strange thing to love.  But this baby had
so much character to begin with.


I threw on a quick coat of blue-gray paint, distressed it a bit, and it was done.  Now... what to do with it?  Well, put it in the living room with all kinds of cute stuff on it, of course!



I'm so in love with it, I can't even put it into words.  It still needs a few things, but I'll have to dig around town for them and fill it up as I go.  I can't stop looking at it while I write this post.  *Pause to wipe drool from bottom lip.*  It's probably my favorite piece of "furniture" in my house.

I also picked up this sweet sofa table this morning at the Third Sunday Market for... $35!  Score!  

Thew it under the mirror in the living room.  I know
it's the same color as my walls right now, but
I can always paint it if I want.  I kind of like
it right now with the stuff on it.

I also picked up the little tin basket and owl clip today.  Grand total for
both?  $12.


Oh, and you know that little trunk I was working on?  Yeah, that's done too.  It's been done for about a week; I just haven't had time to hop on and update about it.



No "Home Sweet Home" to be found.  This trunk is now in my living room being used as blanket storage and a coffee table.  I just love it.  

So there you have it.  That's what's been going on in my house lately.  I think I can officially say that my living room is now 98% done.

You'll find me linking up my ladder project to:


1 comment:

  1. Love the ladder!! Ive been wanting to find something like that for our living room, nice job!

    ReplyDelete