DIY, decorating, and navigating through life as a newlywed.

Monday, August 13, 2012

I Give You... the Podium

My classroom podium rehab is officially over!  The clear coat is on, and the podium is ready to help dozens of adolescents deliver speeches for all to hear.

Remember that my podium started as this sad, sad thing:


When I last left you, I was attempting to come up with more quotes for the podium.  Well, I think I just needed some time away from the project to remember more of my favorite literary quotes. 

Here's what else I came up with:
1. "Life is too important to be taken seriously." Oscar Wilde
2. "Today you are you, that is truer than true.  There is no one alive who is youer than you." Dr. Seuss
3. "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple." Dr. Seuss
4. "What kind of fun would it be if I just got everything I ever wanted just like that, and it didn't mean anything?" Coraline
5. "Reserving judgments is a matter of infinite hope." The Great Gatsby
6. "It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are." E.E. Cummings
7. "Draw a crazy picture, write a nutty poem, sing a mumble-gumble song, whistle through your comb.  Do a loony-goony dance 'cross the kitchen floor, put something silly in the world that ain't been there before." Shel Sliverstein
8. "I never teach my pupils.  I only attempt to provide the conditions in which they can learn." Albert Einstein
9. "Determine to live life with flair and laughter." Maya Angelou
10. "No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another." Charles Dickens

And here, ladies and gents, I give you my finished podium!






Chalkboard paint on the front and sides for me to
write fun messages to the kiddos each day.


Much improved, if I do say so myself.  I think my students are really going to love speaking from the podium now (and so will I)!

No comments:

Post a Comment