DIY, decorating, and navigating through life as a newlywed.

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Oh, Baby!

I threw a baby shower for one of my best friends, Abby, yesterday afternoon at my house.  I've known Abby since high school, and couldn't be happier for her; she is going to be the best mom.  She's not finding out what gender her baby is, so it was a neutrally-themed.  Also, as part of the gifts, each guest was asked to bring a few scrapbooking items to help her start Baby's scrapbook.  I had so much fun putting things together, and think that everybody in attendance had fun, too.


Here are a few highlights from the shower:


What's it going to be?  Boy or girl???
We think boy!

My dad came over and carved a watermelon baby
carriage.  I've got leftover fruit coming out
of my nose.

Tablescape. 

Made those giant pom-poms.  That's my madre in the background
scooping up sherbet for the punch.  Abby took the pom-poms
home to hang in the nursery! 

Chug!  Chug!

Grandma-to-be looking beautiful in the middle.  She finished her bottle
early.  To be fair, I did not specify how you had to drink it.


Mom-to-be and her swag.

Diaper wreath!  That was a blast to make.


All of the ladies after the shower.  Thanks, hubby, for taking the picture!

Just the girls.  Amazing that we still keep in touch 6 years out of
high school!
Congratulations, Abby!  Can't wait to meet that little boy or girl!

1 comment:

  1. You are so darling preggers and what a fun shower!

    http://abpetite.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete