DIY, decorating, and navigating through life as a newlywed.

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Seeing Blue

I've been thinking about repainting my kitchen for a while now.  Sure, I painted it just a year ago.  But I didn't like that color anymore.  It was painted right after moving in, and I just wanted the burgundy from the previous owner gone.  So it ended up bright yellow, which was okay, but seemed so juvenile.  On top of that, the yellow made my cabinets look dingy.  I needed a change.


So last night while picking up some trim paint (ugh... the worst thing to paint EVER), I meandered over to the colors and found Valspar's Summerhouse Blue.  That was it.  I was in love.  This morning, after painting all of the trim and doors in the kitchen last night, I picked up a gallon and set on my merry way.


This was my kitchen before:



And this is it now, after 5 hours of painting:






I absolutely love the end result!  I think it fits my style much more and is so much more sophisticated than the yellow.  

My hubby doesn't know about it yet since he's out of town for the weekend.  I'm saving it for a surprise when he comes back, if I can keep my mouth shut long enough.  

Anybody else doing some summer painting?

2 comments:

  1. nice! we are moving in july so our brushes will be getting quite the workout!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on the upcoming move! It must be exciting starting to plan out your new space and pick colors out!

      Delete