DIY, decorating, and navigating through life as a newlywed.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Fitbit Week 1 Update

So, as promised in this post, I'm going to do a quick drive-by post about how the first week with my Fitbit has gone.  I've worn it all hours of the day, other than shower time, so my readings should be fairly accurate.  I'm loving having the Android app to update my calorie intake and activities on the go.  Every day since getting my Fitbit, I have burned more calories than I've taken in, which is going to get me to my weight loss goal of 20 pounds by October 13th, according to my online plan.  


My "best" day in terms of activity was Monday, June 4th, in which i took 17,297 steps, climbed 20 floors, burned 2,563 calories, and walked 8.5 miles.  I attribute this to our first swim meet.  But hey, go me!


I've been religiously doing the Couch to 5k program since getting my Fitbit, and running is becoming very enjoyable for me--a task that I forever believed would not be so.  I will say that my Fitbit is keeping me motivated and on track because it's a constant reminder of what my body is doing.  I'm eating better and exercising more to keep my body burning more than I eat because my Fitbit tells me where I'm at every day.  If it's 9:30 and I've only climbed 6 of my 10 floors for the day, I go up and downstairs a few times before bed.  I don't seem to have problems hitting my step goal as I'm walking on the pool deck for 4+ hours every day on top of running about 2-3 miles.  


And I've totally lost 2 pounds already in the first week!  

No comments:

Post a Comment