DIY, decorating, and navigating through life as a newlywed.

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Dream-catcher Earrings

Tonight I went to a local bead store with my mom.  I'd never been to this store before, but it is just full of beads, charms, wires, and anything else you would ever need to create jewelry of any type.  It's a cool place because you can just come and buy your goods, then leave to create your masterpiece at home.  Or you can stay and make your goodies in the store and get help/inspiration for the ladies who work there.  


That's what we did.


While I've made jewelry before, I'd never made earrings.  I've done a lot of necklaces and bracelets, but never crossed into the realm of earrings because their size made them seem intimidating.  I mean, that's such a small work area with very small beads.  But tonight I walked out of there with two really cool (and totally me) dream-catcher earrings.




I love the length.  With my short hair, I've been
wearing a lot of really long earrings.
I will totally be going back to spend oodles and oodles of money at that store now that I know it exists.  You pay by the bead or hoop or clasp or whatever else you need.  You can also buy strands of the same bead or get big pendants.  Basically, you can spend as little or as much money as you want!  Total for my earrings: $12.

No comments:

Post a Comment