DIY, decorating, and navigating through life as a newlywed.

Monday, June 25, 2012

Cookie Monster

I need to brag a little bit.  I suck at baking.  Royally suck.  I usually burn every batch of cookies that I make.  I make a mean cheesecake.  That's it.  But these Low Fat Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies from skinnytaste.com are the bomb!  And I totally didn't burn them.


I've eaten two already today.  But that's totally cool because two cookies is one serving, and at 190 calories, I dig that.  The hubs ate two already, too, which must mean they're good because boyfriend never eats anything sweet.  


I'm going to post a picture of them for you, just because I'm so proud of myself.


Is your mouth watering yet?  It should be.


You need to make these.  Trust me.  They're a low-fat, low-calorie cookie that eats like something that'll curdle your thighs.

I also tried the Sante Fe Chicken from skinnytaste.  It was, like, the easiest thing to make.  And damn was it good!  I ate mine over a bed of lettuce with some low-fat Mexican cheese and a dollop of low-fat sour cream.  It tasted just like the chicken taco salads at my favorite Mexican restaurant, but I know it was so much better for me at 190 calories.  You also need to make this.  

It's delicious, cheap, and easy!  Perfect for a busy day.  Oh, did
I mention that's it's healthy, too?
And now on a completely different note, I've got a quick little spray paint upgrade to share with you.  Confession: I forgot to take a "before" picture for you, so I had to scrounge up a picture that convinently had the lamp in it already.  Bonus: You get a shot of Zeke.  

Check out the red lamp.  That's what got a face lift.
A can of spray paint and a new lampshade from Target that I found on clearance for $10, and it's a totally different lamp that works with my new kitchen color!

Ta da!
I love the way it looks.  It's so much less juvenile.  I'm still on the hunt for a new rug, though, so the bright red and yellow one will have to stay until I find a good rug.  I'm open to suggestions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment