DIY, decorating, and navigating through life as a newlywed.

Monday, May 28, 2012

A Little Bit of Everything

First of all, I'd like to with a happy Memorial Day to all of our nation's veterans and currently serving troops.  We appreciate your service!

This afternoon, I celebrated my Memorial Day with my family and also celebrated my birthday, which is tomorrow.  Ah, 24!  Anyway, I'll start of this post with some of my birthday goodies from my parents.  

Knowing my affinity for owls, my mom certainly took full advantage this year.

A spoon rest.  Much more fun than my generic
stainless steel one.

Salt and pepper shakers.  Say what!?

And this guy's for the yard.  
On top of all of that, I also got a new piece of Vera:

Love me some Vera.  It even matches one of my purses.
Now for a few things that I've been working on around the house.  First of all, we finally have some flowers coming off of our day lillies!



I also got a few pots planted, and have a hanging basket to get hung up.  I'm thinking of hanging it in the front of the house, but haven't totally decided yet.




And last, but not least, a door decoration!  I finally made a summer wreath for the front door.  But in doing so, I received a bit of a flesh wound.  Needless to say, the wreath is cute but my hand... not so much.  While gluing on one of the hot pink flowers, it fell off the wreath and straight into my palm... with hot, hot glue on it.  I have a terrible, red, blistery burn on my left palm.  No good.  

Oh well, at least the wreath is cute.


So there you have it, what I've been working on.  Only two more days until I'm free and summer starts!  First thing I'll do?  Clean and organize my house.  It's a disaster zone.  Then I can start in on some of the DIY/home improvement stuff I've got planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment