DIY, decorating, and navigating through life as a newlywed.

Saturday, May 19, 2012

It's Summertime... Almost!

Well... it certainly feels that way today, anyway.  It's 90 degrees outside!  The hubs, Zeke, and I went for a run this morning, and I got light-headed and it was only 10:30!  I've been trying to get into running lately, mostly because I hate it when I'm not good at something.  I can tell that I'm getting better, and have been really trying to at least run a mile a day.  I know that might not sound like much, but to someone who has never attempted to run for exercise, it's a lot.  Trust me.  My goal: run a 5k this Fall.


Anyway, I just have a couple things for you today, as it's the end of the school year and that pretty much consumes my life for the entire month of May.  But don't worry: summer is almost here, and with it hours and hours of DIY time!


How do I know summer is almost here?  Well, I have a week and a half of school left, summer swim team starts on Saturday, and I changed my chalkboard sign to a summery greeting:



Also, last weekend I went to a ceramics studio with my mom for a little Mother's Day time, where I painted one of my favorite things ever.  Yes, an owl.  But I got it back last night after it was fired and glazed, and I am so in love.


On the to-do list this summer, in terms of DIY/Home Improvement:
1. Get quotes for new carpet so we can start saving.
2. Re-tile both bathroooms.
3. Finish landscaping the front of the house.
4. Revamp my childhood toy box into a "new" coffee table.
5. Paint all of the trim in the house. (Ah!)

Let's just say that I am well deserving of my summer off, which is only 10 days away.  This school year has been rough.  Plus, I'm practically translucent, so I need to get on the tan train soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment