DIY, decorating, and navigating through life as a newlywed.

Monday, February 20, 2012

Pinterest Rope Basket

Holy cow, life has been so busy lately!  I promise that I was not neglecting this little blog of mine on purpose.  Last week was full of parent-teacher conferences until the late hours of the night, so I came home and crashed immediately upon returning home.


Last Saturday (yeah, that's how much time I haven't had to update the blog) I got together with a friend to do a cheap craft.  We settled upon this Sisal Rope Bowl that we stumbled on while browsing Pinterest, originally by Centsational Girl.  Here was our inspiration picture:



Now, remember that this was supposed to be a cheap craft, so you can imagine that when we found an aluminum basket like the picture for $17, we weren't having any of it.  Instead, we went with a cheap Dollar Tree wicker basket.  We used jute instead of sisal rope (because we liked the color and texture more), which cost $5 at Hobby Lobby.  All in all, this project cost a total of $6.



It took nearly two hours, so it was pretty tedious.  I will say that I love keeping my bananas in this basket so much more than on the banana hook; it's just much cuter.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! So funny that you posted this, I just made about 20 jars wrapped in twine that look very similar!

    ReplyDelete