DIY, decorating, and navigating through life as a newlywed.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Resolution Update

Well, I know that it's only been two days, but I've done well with working out and watching what I eat.  It's been hard, especially since someone brought chocolate chip cookies for the teachers today (I resisted, but it was terribly painful). But I since I wrote out all of my meals and snacks for the week and posted it on the refrigerator, every time that I go for something to munch on, I'm reminded of my goals.  This has been a great reminder of what I'm trying to do!  I thought that it sounded a bit extreme to plan out everything I could eat for a week, which is why I'd never tried it before when I've wanted to loose a few pounds.  It totally works, though!


It is also amazing to me how full I am all of the time, now, too.  Eating filling, healthy foods keeps me full so much better than what I had been eating before.  I used to start off the day at 5:45 with granola or cereal, but then I'd be hungry again by 8:00 when school started.  Now, a protein shake with chocolate protein power, a tablespoon of peanut butter, and a banana for breakfast keeps me full until lunch at 11:30.  


I'm eating more vegetables, fruits, protein, and fiber than I've ever eaten before.  While my stomach is getting used to this new diet, I am finding that I have more energy than I did two days ago.


I'm excited to see how I feel after it's been a full week.  Of course, going home to Wisconsin this weekend is going to break my good habits in their infancy, but I am determined to try my best to keep them going while traveling!

No comments:

Post a Comment