DIY, decorating, and navigating through life as a newlywed.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

New Year's Resolution Update

I am proud to say that I am doing pretty well in terms of sticking to my resolution to eat healthier and get fit!  Since starting my new plan, I've taken 1-2 days off a week from working out, but I've stuck to the eating plan really well. 


I lost 3 pounds the first week, and now it's a total of 4!  Not too shabby, if you ask me.  While I'm not really trying to loose weight as much as get toned, I guess that's what happens when you eat right and exercise.


Let me share one of my favorite new, healthy recipes with you.  In fact, the hubs and I have eaten this wonderful, tasty piece of deliciousness twice in the past week.  Yes, it's that good.


Phyllo Dough Pizza (as found on Undressed Skeleton)


-2 sheets of phyllo dough
-1/2 onion sliced thin
-spinach
-tomato sliced thin
-pizza sauce
-garlic powder
-basil
-mozzarella cheese (shredded)
-Pam cooking spray


1. Carefully fold 2 sheets of phyllo dough over onto a sprayed cooking sheet.  Lightly spritz the  dough with cooking spray.
2. Sprinkle garlic powder on dough, then spread pizza sauce.
3. Add spinach, tomato slices, and onion.  
4. Cover with mozzarella cheese and basil.
5. Bake in the oven at 375 for 10-12 minutes.


All I can say is... YUM!  Honestly, this is better than frozen pizza, and is only 160 calories!  Check out the Undressed Skeleton blog if you're looking for some new healthy recipes; she has tons that are so tasty!


It's getting so much easier to eat healthy and exercise now that it's becoming a habit.  Also, I'm happy to say that our grocery bill is still less than it was before we started buying all fresh foods!

No comments:

Post a Comment