DIY, decorating, and navigating through life as a newlywed.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Wishlist Wednesday!

This week's Wishlist Wednesday is brought to you by the letter B, for Backsplash!


I would just love a tile backsplash in our kitchen.  I know that we could afford one.  Heck, I could probably even DIY it if I figured out how to grout and cut tile.  But herein lies my problem: what type of tile could I put with our icky countertops?


It's okay, but not really our style.  We want to do HD laminate
countertops in the future.
So, honestly, we will probably wait to put in a backsplash until we choose new countertops in a year or two.  For right now, then, I will just drool over some backsplashes that I like!

Love the glass tiles.  This color is beautiful, but probably not a
color that will "go" in my house.

Love the visual interest of this backsplash.

The natural stone look is beautiful!
 And, of course, my favorite.  Just in case I ever feel a need to reminisce about Cancun...


Kidding. 

2 comments:

  1. You could totally DIY a backsplash yourself! I watched a few youtube videos and jumped right in. Not gong to lie, I did a pretty dang good job too! And the whole project (tile, materials, grout) was around $500. And for the color of your backsplash, I would keep it nuetral and solid, UNLESS you want it to stand out in your kitchen. It really depends on what counter you have as well... you don't want them competing. Just my opinion though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you come in through the door, you can wash your hands and legs in the utility sink before going to the kitchen and living room. With utility sink, you can prevent soiling your house.

    ReplyDelete