DIY, decorating, and navigating through life as a newlywed.

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Vintage Sled Makeover

I am so excited about my vintage sled!  I've wanted one of these for a while now, but never got around to finding one.  Then, a few months ago, one of my friends picked one up for me at the Third Sunday Market (the only time I couldn't go... *sad face) and it was delivered to me on Friday night.  


Isn't she a beaut?


I scrounged Hobby Lobby yesterday looking for the perfect Christmas accents to add to this adorable little sled of mine.  I walked out with far more pieces than I needed, but at 50% off I only spent about $5 on all of the materials.


After about an hour of work, most of which was spent making that darn bow, she was finished and ready for my doorstep! 


No, the jingle bell on the door is not some poorly-
constructed decor project; it's so Zeke can ring
to go outside.



I love it!
It just screams Christmas to me.  I love the way that it looks on my porch; now I just need a Christmas welcome mat and the front entry is all set-up!

You may find me linking up to:





2 comments:

  1. I love old sleds too and this one turned out cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put my vintage sled on the front porch, i hang a red scarf and matching hat on one side and an old pair of ice skates on the other side. I always get lots of compliments and i can leave it out through the entire winter/

    ReplyDelete