DIY, decorating, and navigating through life as a newlywed.

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Ugly Sweater Party: Pinterest Inspiration

The hubs and I are throwing our Second Annual Ugly Sweater Party a week from today.   I am so excited!  
The whole gang from last year's party.  My hair was so long! 
Yes, even Zeke had himself a sweater.
Last year's party was so much fun, and I know that this year is going to be even better.  Want to know how I know?


Well... with a little help from my friend Pinterest, of course!  Since right around Thanksgiving, I've been pinning all manner of things that could help me in throwing the party this year.  I've found so many cool holiday recipes and DIY gifts that my brain is swirling with thoughts of peppermint sugar scrub, hot cocoa bars, and holiday cocktails.  


First, let's start with a little foodspiration:


A hot cocoa bar!?  A must have.  Maybe add
a little peppermint Kahlua on the side? 
Beautiful hot coca bar set-up.
How cute!  Hot coca stir spoons.

Yup.  An addition to the hot cocoa bar.

Peppermint marshmallows! 

Can you tell that I love peppermint?  It's a problem.
 Now for some quick little favors for the party, or maybe even the 1st and 2nd place prizes for the sweater contest:


Cute and easy! 
So adorable!

'Nuff said.
I don't really plan on making any extra decor for the party since I've got a lot of decorations up already and very limited space.  I might make some cute labels for all of the foods and drinks, though. 

Stay tuned for more updates on our Ugly Sweater Party as they develop!  Have a happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment