DIY, decorating, and navigating through life as a newlywed.

Friday, December 30, 2011

No More Slip-and-Slide!

This may seem like a silly post, but trust me when I tell you that this small change makes a world of difference.


Behold a sampling of my wonderful pull-out drawers in my bottom kitchen cabinets:




Things just slide all over the place every time I pull out the drawers.  I kid you not when I tell you that my giant skillet flew off of the drawer and straight onto the floor once.

Enter the cabinet liner:

Of course I had to get one with a pretty print!
For $8 at Home Depot, this stuff is well worth it.  After a few snips of my fabric scissors and five minutes of my time, I had the solution to my slip-and-slide problem.  





Gone are the slippery pots and pans!  

There was enough liner to cover the drawers that I really wanted covered.  But now that I see how nice they look and how non-slippery they are, I think I may want to put this treatment on all of my cabinets.  We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment