DIY, decorating, and navigating through life as a newlywed.

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Honestly!?

While cleaning my kitchen today, I stumbled across this:




Yes, that is my counter pulling away from the wall.  Yes, that is also my cabinet going along with it.  As you can see, this was not like this last year at this time when I painted the kitchen that lovely golden yellow.

...

Honestly?!  I'm assuming this is because my house is settling.  We have several settlement cracks and nails poking out of our drywall from the house settling, but I didn't expect this.  The hubs and I want to sell this house within the next 3 years, but don't want to put a whole lot of money into it.  We planned on new flooring and countertops, but not cabinets. 

Does anyone know what I can do about this problem?  Obviously a buyer will notice this when we go to sell the place.  It's very obvious.  Are we going to have to get new cabinets and countertops eventually to fix this problem?  I am beyond frustrated with the issues we've found in this house--from shady wiring to miscut holes in the drywall not being patched by the builders--and we honestly don't have money to put into a big reno like a kitchen.  Maybe I'm overreacting, and I hope I am.  

Any suggestions for this problem?

1 comment:

  1. To have a new kitchen countertops without the full expense of a complete kitchen remodelling. There are a lot of steps you can take to refurbish your kitchen and save money at the same time.

    ReplyDelete