DIY, decorating, and navigating through life as a newlywed.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Wishlist Wednesday!

I think I may have to take my first sick day of the year tomorrow.  I left work early today with a fever, and it hurts my chest to breath in.  Ugh.  So what I'm wishing for tonight is to be healthy by tomorrow morning; I hate missing day of work because I feel so out of the loop when somebody else teaches my classes for a day.


But, my real wishlist item today is pretty unrealistic for my family right now.  We've got a cute little townhouse.  It's fine, believe me.  It's just the right size for two people and a dog.  But there are times when I find myself wishing that we lived in a single family home because of the size of the yards.


We don't really have one.


And around Christmas time, I would love a big yard so that I can have some really beautiful and intense lights going on outside rather than just stringing a strand of icicle lights on the chunk of roof above the front door.


Kind of like these pretty light displays found on a quick Google search:





And if we're feeling really flossy, we might decorate using this house as inspiration:


Recognize this lights display?

...No?

"Is your house on fire, Clark?"  "No, Aunt Bethany, those are the
Christmas lights."
So yes, okay, I want a big house for Christmas lights.  Is that so wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment