DIY, decorating, and navigating through life as a newlywed.

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Master Bedroom Moodboard Version 2.0

Now that my dresser is finished, I am turning my attention to the wall color of my master.  You may remember a few weeks ago when I told you the story of the three little beiges.  I've had the gigantic swatches of color chillin' on my master bedroom walls for quite some time now, and I honestly don't think that any of the three is the color for me.  I think that choosing one of the three original favorites would make my room look like one boring scene.


Pretty boring color pallet, huh?  
So, it was back to the drawing board.  Then, while painting this sucker last weekend, I got to thinking that maybe painting the walls a grayish blue would look really pretty.  I went and browsed some swatches and found a few that I like (all from Valspar, so I would probably get them color matched for Behr).

Lighthouse Shadows

Nostalgia 

Oatlands Dainty Blue

Silver Fox

Summerhouse Blue
Based on the swatches, my two favorites are Lighthouse Shadows and Oatlands Dainty Blue.  Silver Fox is also really pretty, but maybe a bit too dark.  I'd say my favorite is Lighthouse Shadows; it's more of a gray-blue than Oatlands Dainty Blue.  I'll have to pick up some samples before I decide.

So what do you think?  Is a gray-blue a better choice?  Or do you have an even better color idea that I haven't thought of yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment