DIY, decorating, and navigating through life as a newlywed.

Friday, November 11, 2011

DIY Serving Tray and Cute Kiddie Step-Stools

My very best friend in the world, Betsy, was home this weekend for the long weekend, and on a whim, we decided to make a Hobby Lobby run 30 minutes before they closed.  While it was a rushed trip, we walked away with materials to make some really cute stuff!


Betsy has an adorable niece and nephew who she decided to make Christmas presents for.  She picked out two raw wooden step stools.  Using some paint, Mod Podge, and scrapbook paper, she made two very cute and unique step stools!  It was a tag-team effort near the end, though, as the last time Betsy used Mod Podge disasters occurred; therefore, I did all of the Mod Podging.  







Aren't those just the cutest things you've ever seen!?  We both agreed that when we have children, we are totally making these suckers again.  Heck, I could make one for myself so I'd be able to reach the top shelf in my kitchen cabinets...


I decided to make a serving tray for my living room.  What started as a blank wooden tray, two pieces of scrapbook paper, and some French Blue paint and leftover cherry stain became a beautiful serving tray for the top of my ottoman (which doubles as our coffee table).





The colors and style of this tray are similar to the direction that I
want to take my living room.  I still haven't found a rug that
works with my vision yet, but I'm looking.

As you can see, the tray is already being put to good use since the hubs is using it to hold all necessary items for playing Call of Duty MW3 for the forth straight hour this evening.  Men.

No comments:

Post a Comment