DIY, decorating, and navigating through life as a newlywed.

Friday, November 25, 2011

Deck the Halls!

Yep, I've been getting the house ready for Christmas this morning!  Since I refuse to decorate for one holiday before the previous is over, the hubs and I wait until the day after Thanksgiving to break out any of our Christmas decor, no matter how much it kills me.


I've gotten a good start on it so far, all by myself.  While I woke up at 9am, the boys (being the hubs and Kraig, our good friend) slept or just watched.  Zeke made himself comfy on Kraig and watched intently as I got out all of the glittery and festive things that he so loved to investigate last Christmas.


'Cause nobody needs to see that.
I did make quite a dent.  We've really just got the tree and outside left at this point. I wanted to get the tree up today, but I just received good news from my folks in Wisconsin: my grandparents are giving us their old Christmas tree!  While the hubs and I do have a tree, I got it for $9 (yes, you read that correctly) at Target on Black Friday two years ago.  It's about 6 feet tall, but not very full.  It does the job, but my grandparent's tree is so nice and full, and was definitely purchased for more than $9.  So, we might wait until my parents return to Illinois tomorrow afternoon to decide which tree will be put up in the living room.  The second tree will go downstairs with all of the mix-matched ornaments and colored lights.

Anyway, here are my Christmas decorations thus far!

Unfortunately, I don't have a fireplace or mantle.  The
next house will have these things.  But this little
ledge works out alright for the time being!

Freakin' love my chalkboard frame!  I don't know how I lived without
one for nearly a year.


Those ornaments are my Great Grandma's that she gave to me.  They're
super old and very fragile, but they're so pretty!

My grandma got this for me and put
it away in storage for when I would
have my own place the year before
she died passed.  It has such
sentimental value, and I love it! 

Cute little melting snowman!  I have a thing
for snowmen...

The Christmas wreath that I made.  You can kind of
tell that it's glittery in the picture.


I love getting ready for Christmas!


You'll find me linking up to:






5 comments:

  1. Alex, your decorations are very cute. My favorites are your melting snowman and the chalk board "baby it's cold outside". Gorgeous. I'm a new follower, please drop by for visit when you have a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following! I love that melting snowman, too; my mom picked it up for me last year from a craft fair.

    You've got some very cool projects on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your decorations! Consider, if you will, sharing it with my readers at http://sassafrassalvation.blogspot.com/2011/11/although-i-must-say-that-link-response.html. Thanks! Christmas blessings to you……….Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sass-aka-Kathy: Thanks! You have a fun blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alex, you are too funny! haha! Love your house :) And Zeke!

    ReplyDelete