DIY, decorating, and navigating through life as a newlywed.

Friday, November 25, 2011

Black Friday Deals!

We just got back from a bit of Black Friday shopping, and found some pretty decent deals.  The one thing I was set on getting, brown dress pants, did not happen; of course, how can I try on pants after eating two huge meals and expect to feel attractive in them?  I don't know what I was thinking.  But, we did come away with a few good finds!


The hubs got two pairs of jeans and I got one from American Eagle for 40% off, so we saved $60!  I needed some skinny jeans badly so I can finally wear my super cute gray boots that I bought at TJ Maxx last month, so I did find those.  It's amazing how jeans always seem to fit me well, but never dress pants.  


I also picked up two yummy candles--Cinnamon and Clove, Hot Buttered Rum--from White Barn Candle Co. for $20.  I freaking love those candles!  I refuse to pay $20 for one of them at regular price, so I tend to stock up a bit when they go on sale.  I was able to limit myself today, though.


Then, just a few minutes ago, I ordered some curtains from JC Penny online (in the Sullivan Khaki shade).  Here's the best part: I saved $66.02 by getting them 60% off plus a $10 JC Penny cash for a grand total of just under $44!  I've been eyeing some curtains for our master bedroom for a few months now, just waiting for them to go on sale.  


Later today I plan to hit up the local pet store, Premium Pet Supply, and Petco to get Zeke some Christmas presents.  Then, I'm off to brave Lowe's for paint so I can get the master bedroom painted!


I know I should try to sleep a bit, but we stopped at Starbucks for coffee and breakfast while we were shopping, so I'm kind of wired right now!


I with all of you luck braving the Black Friday crowds!  I hope that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment