DIY, decorating, and navigating through life as a newlywed.

Friday, November 11, 2011

And I'm Gonna be High as a Kite By Then...

Yes, by the time my dresser is finished, I shall be gassed out of my home or high as a kite due to all of the paint fumes filling up the air around me.  Even with the windows open, the fumes from primer and paint alike seem to be fogging up my air and vision.  


Zeke, my poor dog, is stuck wiggling his way around the rooms that are usually "his" due to the piles of clothes and empty doors scattered about.  


I want my dresser back.  Now.  


Believe me when I say that I am making progress.  I had originally intended this to be a long-weekend project.  That was about two weeks ago.  Silly full-time teaching job getting in the way of my craftiness.  Ah, well, it should be done by Sunday if all goes as planned.


So here's a quick update on the dresser's status.


My drawers are primed and have about an hour before they can get their first coat of paint, Valspar's Bistro White. 




 They are littering a drop cloth on my living room floor, where Zeke typically hangs out.  Therefore, he has resorted to the piece of furniture closest to the drawers.

He is not a happy camper right now.  No guest bed.  No sunny
space on the floor.  This is not his idea of fun.
And the dresser itself has received a coat of paint and is waiting another hour for its second coat.


So tomorrow the job is picking up the hardware and getting a top-coat on for protection.  I'm so ready to stop living out of my laundry basket and have fresh air in my home again!

No comments:

Post a Comment