DIY, decorating, and navigating through life as a newlywed.

Friday, October 28, 2011

Operation Goodbye Granny Bedroom Set: Dresser Phase

It's been a while since I've blogged about Operation Goodbye Granny Bedroom Set.  I've been doing a lot of thinking about my master bedroom lately, as you may know.  I thought that finding a new paint color for the walls would solve my deep dislike for the vibe in that room.  I want to make sure I get it right so I don't want to redo this room again while we're in this house.


While I do like the three paint colors that I narrowed it down to, I thought that maybe I should get one of the bigger furniture pieces painted so that I can get it next to the possible paint colors.


As a refresher, here's my dresser prior to priming it this afternoon:


Beautiful, isn't she?  
We removed the mirror and drawers from the top, since I think that is what makes it look so dated.  Unfortunately, underneath the mirror were some pretty deep scratches.  


Hm... what to do, what to do?
But it was nothing that a light sanding and some wood filler couldn't fix!

Ta da!
Then it was on to the priming.  



I'm going to have to do the drawers separately due to lack of space. 
I knew that I was going to have to do this project in the guest room, since it's getting too cold in the garage.  We had to make some adjustments to the guest room.  It looks pretty crazy in there right now...

Hm... messy, messy.
I'll have to get one more coat of primer on tonight, then I can move on to painting it in Valspar's Bistro White, just like my gorgeous nightstand! 


Can't wait to have the dresser done soon, too!  That bed is going to be a challenge, though.  I'll have to rent a paint sprayer, I think.  Well, I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

2 comments:

  1. It's going to look so good! Can't wait to see after pics :) If you rent a paint sprayer let me know how it does! I'm thinking of getting one for when we go to paint our cabinets in the kitchen.
    Cortney @ themusingsofasimplegirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's looking good! can't wait to see it all finished!

    ReplyDelete