DIY, decorating, and navigating through life as a newlywed.

Friday, October 14, 2011

New Master Bedroom Duvet

A few days ago, I posted a mood board for my master bedroom.  Here it is again:


Well, the master bedroom overhaul started today with the new duvet cover!  My three 20% off coupons from Bed, Bath, and Beyond were able to save me $48.  It was still more money than I ever thought I'd spend on bedding, but the quality seems really high on this set.  The duvet is thicker and softer than our old duvet cover.  While I thought the duvet was gray and white, it is actually a light brownish-gray and cream.  At first, I was pretty disappointed because I really wanted gray.  However, the more I looked at the pattern in person, the more I loved it.

I only bought the duvet and the queen shams since I had three coupons.  I'll go back later for the other pillows and the blue quilt once I have more coupons.

So here's what I had before:

Pretty plain.  Also, lots of white for Zeke to get dirty (which
he certainly did on may occasions). 
And here's the new bedding:

I love the pattern!


I really like it.  For some reason, every single picture I take in my master bedroom has a dingy tone to it.  I think it may be the wall color (which will be changed in the near future) or the lighting.  When I'm in the room, the room does not look that dingy.  I think that when I get around to painting the headboard white like the nightstand, which will probably happen over my Christmas break, that'll help, too.  

I am still slightly disappointing that the bedding is not a true gray, but I've been looking at new bedding for the past few weeks, and this is the only duvet that I really fell in love with, mostly due to the pattern.  I'll just have to change up my mood board a bit to work with this color scheme, I suppose!  Any wall color suggestions are welcome! 

Happy Friday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment