DIY, decorating, and navigating through life as a newlywed.

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Shut the Front Door: Project Complete

If this is your first time tuning in, you may want to check out this post before reading this one.

The front door is officially finished!  The paint is all cured up and looking great.  I got a compliment on the door this morning from one of the younger neighbors while I was taking Zeke outside.  I think the younger ones may like my door; the older ones... who knows.

Since that nighttime picture last night was total crap, I took a few this morning for your viewing pleasure.  Here it is, without further adieu, my made-over front door!

I love how this door makes the outside of my house look!  Now
I just need some landscaping... One thing at a time.


I'm so in love.  The black hardware
made all the difference.
It was totally worth the million little white moths that got into my house last night while I was finishing up this project.  

Now, the finishing touches aren't quite there yet.  I'd like to do this to the door:



I love how classy this makes the doors look!

I also want to get a knocker, but I'll have to wait until my grandpa comes down in October so he can help me get it put on.  I don't know if I can screw into a steel door.  I don't think I've got the right tools for it.

And, of course, my wreath is missing from the door right now.  I broke my wreath holder yesterday while I was taking it down.  Boo.  So I'm hopefully doing to find a new one today or tomorrow. 

With an entire day, $20 worth of paint and primer, and $5 of spray paint for the hardware, I was able to transform the outside appearance of my house.  It was totally worth it!

*Also, check out the Sunday Showcase Party over at Under the Table and Dreaming!  There's tons of great inspiration each week for some new DIY projects and even recipes.  You can link up your latest projects and even be featured on Stephanie's blog!   

4 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love those decals for house numbers. Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's fabulous! absolutely love it!!! glad you are in love with it now too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I'm so jealous that you can paint your door a fun color! Our HOA won't let us:(
    Love the number decals too! Can't wait to see if you end up using them!

    ReplyDelete