DIY, decorating, and navigating through life as a newlywed.

Monday, September 26, 2011

Pillow Talk

It's been a while!  Sorry about that.  I don't know if this is a good excuse, but work's been super busy lately and one of our good friends got married this weekend so we were pretty much consumed with wedding from Friday to Sunday (Sunday being the recovery day).


*Whoa, total ADD moment from blogging: I'm watching My First Place right now and the chick on here is super annoying.  She refuses to buy a house that doesn't have hardwood floors and she is literally whining about everything that she doesn't like.  I can usually handle the super picky people, but the whining... not so much.  If you're old enough to buy a house, quit your bitchin' and complain like an adult, not a three year old.  Vent over.


Anyway, back to the real reason for this post: pillows!  Since our new couch part deux should be here on Wednesday afternoon (squeal!), I've got to start exploring some pillow options.  Now, I'm going to have to buy 2 more pillows than I needed for our sectional.


*Holy crap, the chick on TV just found a house that she didn't whine in... once.  Hell has frozen over.


The new couch will be gray, as opposed to our brown sectional now.  We've got the red, gray, and bright yellow rug, and I have a red lamp on the end table.  So, red would seem like the logical choice for a pillow color.  Now... here's the rub: I'm kind of over the red thing.  Like, really over the red thing.  I want my upstairs to match more of the calm, clean feel that my downstairs has now.  So maybe I need to start leaning toward other colors with the pillows to start my living room color scheme more in the direction that I want now.


But, just for formalities, there are a couple of red pillows I dig.



This is cute.  I don't know if I want it, though, but still cute.




Now let's talk pillows that I like that are more in the style direction that I would like to head toward.

I love these pillows, in every color. However, I don't know what color
I would go with!



I really love this pillow!


I'll have to wait to order pillows until I have the couch at the house.  Any thoughts?  Should I go with red pillows or go for another color?

1 comment:

  1. There isn't one pillow that I don't like here!! I'm not a big fan of red (never have been) so if it were me I would pull out yellow from your rug. Maybe find one with tiny bits of red to tie it in to your end table...

    ReplyDelete