DIY, decorating, and navigating through life as a newlywed.

Saturday, September 17, 2011

A Packer Wreath

Okay, even if you don't like the Packers, just hear me out on this craft: you can totally do this with any team colors.


I've wanted to do make these rolled fabric flowers for a while now.  But I knew that they would take a little bit longer than my felt flowers that I've used on yarn wreaths in the past.  I knew I was going to need a few hours to take on this wreath.  So, I made a Hobby Lobby stop this morning and picked up some green and yellow fabric (because it was for a Packer wreath, of course).


Following the tutorial I linked above, I made rolled flower after rolled flower.  About 3 hours later, I had a completed wreath to put on the door to show my Packer pride!


I certainly hope that the colors are enough to
let people know it's a Packers wreath.

A close-up of the flowers.  They were so time-consuming,
but I thought they turned out very cute!
I'd love to try making some of these flowers with multi-colored fabrics next.  I can see a really adorable Easter wreath in my head now!


You may find me linking up to:
1. The Sunday Showcase over at Under the Table and Dreaming

No comments:

Post a Comment