DIY, decorating, and navigating through life as a newlywed.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Wishlist Wednesday!

Whoa, no way it is Wednesday already!  This big kid job I've got going on really makes the days fly by.  


I need to begin this post by telling you a little story:


Once upon a time in a town of roughly 500 people in Central Illinois, there was a middle school Language Arts teacher teaching in a building without air conditioning.  Her day began with wearing her hair curly, which was its natural state, and a hot mug of vanilla coffee.  While it was already 78 degrees when she left her house at 6:30am, that hot coffee was drank.  It was the first mistake she made that day.


By lunch, the temperature had reached 93 degrees outside.  The heat, radiating off of the blacktop outside her classroom window, had made the teacher and her students miserable.  By last hour, the atmosphere in the teacher's room was stuffy and far too hot to concentrate.  So, instead of concentrating, the teacher began dreaming about...


Fall!!


I so wish it were Fall.  When will it ever come?  There are so many things about Fall that I love: the crisp, cool air in the mornings and evenings; the smell of all things pumpkin spice; the leaves changing colors; the decorations.


So here are some things that I am wishing would come soon, and with them, the arrival of my favorite season.


Pumpkin.  Spice.  Latte.  'Nuff said.

Pumpkin pie.  Yes please!

Something about jumping in a big pile of Fall leaves always
brightens my day.
Hot buttered rum.  Mmmm!
A beautiful Fall wreath for my front door!
Decorations with pumpkins and gourds.   
More cool pumpkin decorations.  I love the mercury glass!
In a nutshell, I'm wishing for Fall to hurry up and get here already!  I've got my decorations ready, but I'm holding off until at least September 1st before I put them up!

No comments:

Post a Comment