DIY, decorating, and navigating through life as a newlywed.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Wishlist Wednesday!

This week, I'm focusing my wishes on built-ins.  I want them in our house so badly!  I love the extra storage and functionality they provide, as well as the pizzazz they add to a room.  I would love to be able to build some myself, probably in our downstairs bonus room, but I don't know if I'm that handy yet.  Maybe when my grandpa comes down next month, he could help?  He's built things that like his whole life and made quite a bit of money doing it.  I might even be able to enlist him to help me build that closet.  Hm... there's a thought!


But back to the task at hand: my *hopefully future* built-ins.


Of course, we don't have that great fireplace, but we've been talking
about getting one of those plug-in ones for Christmas.

I love the little seat by the window!

I love the cabinets on the lower portion.  It'd
be nice to be able to hide some things away.
And isn't that ceiling amazing!?

Mmmmm... love this whole room!  That brick is beautiful!
 And while I'm talking about adding built ins, since they all look so amazing with a fireplace as the center, I think I'll put up a few of my favorite electric fireplaces that could potentially be the center of my built in unit.


Beautiful!  I love the lines on this one.


The molding on this one is so pretty!
So there you have it!  I'm thinking this would look beautiful in our music area.  



It would fit perfectly in that little nook.  I could even put one of those cute little benches by the window, just like in that inspiration picture.  A cabinet could hide our ugly electrical box, too.  Then I could pick up some cute, comfy chairs and have a little reading/sitting area.  I love that idea!  Putting a fireplace as the center and building shelving in that whole nook would be great, don't you think?  


1 comment:

  1. i so wish we had built ins too! all the images are incredible!

    i think that would be a great idea!

    ReplyDelete