DIY, decorating, and navigating through life as a newlywed.

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Thrifty Finds!

Every third Sunday of the month from May-October, an antique/hand-made goods event is hosted at this gigantic indoor/outdoor center in my town.  It's called the Third Sunday Market.  I went for the first time today and cannot believe that it took me this long to get my butt out there!  This place is a thrifty decorator's dream!  I'm so glad that I only brought $40 cash with me because I was forced to limit myself; I could've easily spent hundreds of dollars there. 


I mean, this place was like American Pickers on crack.


The vendors have everything from newly refinished furniture to old jars to well... honestly, just about everything antique-related you could ever think of is there.  I regret not bringing my camera this time because my words cannot describe the awesomeness that is the Third Sunday Market.


Here is what I ended up purchasing: an antique silver pitcher and a homemade soy candle.



Let me just tell you a little about this pitcher.  It's silver, like actual silver.  And it's from the early 1900s.  Oh, and I swiped it up for $22.  

Beautiful details on the handle. 

Hello!? Would you look at that beautiful detail work by the spout?

This is what won me over.  Claw feet on a pitcher?  Shut up.
You've gotta be kidding me.  It's too much adorable
in one spot.



I think that this will look so nice on display in my little "built-in" bookshelves area downstairs.  I could put some bright flowers in it too.  

I also got this candle, which is Spice Rack scent.  Mmmmm!

Isn't it cute in that little mason jar?
I will most certainly be going back on September 18th.  Next time, I hope to find an antique mirror of some sort and possibly one of those old school sleds that I could decorate and put on my front porch for the holidays.  They had some pretty cool ones of each of my "to buy list" items there this time; I just ran out of money.

No comments:

Post a Comment