DIY, decorating, and navigating through life as a newlywed.

Monday, August 29, 2011

Delicious Bookends

I've been a bit of a bad blogger for the past couple of days.  It was the first week of school.  A successful week, but very draining.  


I will also freely admit that I have not been very good at getting things done around the house.  You know those fake built-ins I've been working on?  Well.  They've remained almost the same as nearly a week ago.



I did manage to get the middle molding up.  Still missing that bottom molding and the cutesy little details to hide where the pieces of molding meet up.  Yes, hopefully it will be done by the weekend.  

But do you notice anything different?  Yep, it's those delicious A and Z bookends chilling on top of the bookcases.

Why the hell are my pictures so blurry lately!?  Ugh.  No matter
how many I take, they are all blurry.  You get the idea though.
I scored these babies at TJ Maxx for $10 each.  I've seen A and Z bookends on various blogs and knew I had to have them.  It was kind of hard for me to justify paying $20 for them, but... I haven't seen them anywhere before so I snatched them up.  Imagine them holding up my books.  Yum.  They're wood, and I'm not sold on the natural look yet, but we'll see how they look with the finished product before I make any rash decisions.

On a completely different note, it was Zeke's Adoption Day party this weekend.  We've had that cute little bugger for a year now!  Indulge in some adorable, albeit somewhat blurry, photographs from the event!

His peanut butter cake made by the rescue we adopted him from!
How cute is that!?

One of his several new Adoption Day toys.  He broke the squeaker
literally 5 minutes after opening it.

Mmmmm, I want my cake!  We couldn't get him to sit still looking
at the camera long enough to get a good picture.

Tasty!  After I snapped this picture, he pulled the whole piece
out of his dish, onto the carpet, and made a huge mess.

Passed out with his tummy full of Adoption Day cake after a
long afternoon of playing with new toys.
All in all, it has been a successful past couple of days.  I'm so looking forward to getting some time to work on those bookcases in the next few days since I've got all of my lessons planned for the week already!

1 comment: