DIY, decorating, and navigating through life as a newlywed.

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Congratulations on My New Arrival!


 Birth Date: 8/12/2011

Weight: approx. 2,641 lbs.

Height: 56.5 inches

Here she is, the new addition to our garage, a 2012 Honda Civic Coupe Lx (stick shift):

I apologize for the indoor pictures, but it was totally pouring
outside when I arrived home with this baby.

I don't care if it clashes; I've gotta have my
Rescue Mom magnet on the car!

Look at that sweet interior! 
I'm not a car person and I don't pretend to be.  But I know when a car is nice and when a car sucks.  Case and point:

Sucks (see below)
My 2001 Chevy Cavalier.  Good riddance! 


Nice (see below)


I've never owned a new car before, so this is a pretty big deal for me.  My old car was basically falling apart around me.  I couldn't take it on my commute to work everyday, so I had to drive the hubby's car.  He is very happy to have his car back. 

Finding a new car was difficult.  I knew I wanted a Honda.  I tried to convince myself that I could get something else, but in the end, I just couldn't do it.  I was born and raised a Honda girl, and the only reason I had that Cavalier was because it was a cheap car to get me through college.  

The other reason that finding a car was hard was because I wanted a stick shift.  I would not budge on that.  It's silly, but they're very hard to find on dealer lots right now.  My first car, a 1991 Honda Accord, was a stick and I loved driving it.  The hubby's car is a stick, too.  I also think that, being a 5 foot 3 inch young girl, driving a stick shift makes me feel like a badass.  There.  I admitted to it.  You can go do your victory dance, husband.

All in all, this has been a good day so far.  I'm going to drive my new baby over to grandma and grandpa's so my parents can get a good look at her.   

2 comments:

  1. what a gorgeous baby! congrats on your new car!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new addition! It's beautiful! And I love that you admitted to feeling badass with a stick lol If I could drive a stick I'd probably agree ;)

    ReplyDelete