DIY, decorating, and navigating through life as a newlywed.

Friday, August 12, 2011

Card Making Workshop

Once a month, a group of ladies from my church get together for a card making workshop.  People bring their supplies and set up stations with different themes for each card.  I love going to these workshops because they're so fun, and the stamps and tools that are at the workshops are usually things that I don't have in my craft supplies.


I've been making cards using Stampin' Up! products for years and I love all of the cool tools that come out for card making.


In total, I made 8 cards.  Here they are:




Now for some close-ups!

I learned a cool new technique involving fading ink.

This is my favorite card I made!  It took a long time to color this
girl and then cut her out, but I think it's super cute!  I used
Copic markers to color (more on those later).

I love the layering of these papers.

Another experiment in the Copic markers.

I think my grandma will love this one!  

Great mix of textures and patterns here.  

More Copic marker fun time!

I learned a cool technique with overlaying stamps
and different colors on the petals.
I promised more about Copic markers.  I am in love with them.  I've heard of them before, but at roughly $4.75-5.25 each, I couldn't justify buying them before testing them out.  

Check out all of those colors!  And wait, there's even more!


As you can see from the proof, they are amazing!  The best part about them is that no matter what, they don't smudge and they don't streak.  I hate coloring with most markers and you can see every spot that you pick up or move the marker.  Well, these babies solve that problem.  They are well worth the money.


Do you see that?  214 colors!?  It's great that there's two ends, too, because getting into some of those tiny detail spots on the stamps can be tricky.  You can find them online a bit cheaper than at most scrapbooking stores, but they are totally worth it.  I'm thinking of picking up a couple of colors for my Christmas cards this year.  Yes, I said it: Christmas cards.  When you mass produce homemade ones, now is about the time that you have to start thinking about it.

Go ahead and give them a try!  You won't regret it!
  

2 comments: