DIY, decorating, and navigating through life as a newlywed.

Monday, August 22, 2011

"Built-In" Update

I've been hard at work on my "built-in" bookshelves.  They're coming along nicely.  I have to admit that I feel pretty darn handy being able to do all of this cool stuff with tools and molding.


Here's what they look like so far:


You have to imagine that those two center pieces of molding are
nailed on the seam.  My drill is MIA and therefore I cannot
drill the three shelves together at the moment.

They're coming along nicely, don't you think?  

The hammer and I have a love/hate relationship at the moment. This is why:

It's wicked hard to get the big hammer that close
to the molding with those baby nails without
beating it up a bit.
I've also got some cute little pieces that will be going where the seams of the pieces meet up.  


All of the molding pieces are primed, but not painted so I will have to find a white that comes pretty close to the bookshelves.  

I think it's really coming along!



1 comment:

  1. it is looking great! can't wait to see the final results!

    ReplyDelete