DIY, decorating, and navigating through life as a newlywed.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Wishlist Wednesday!

I cannot believe it, but this Wishlist Wednesday dream is actually coming true!!  Two wish list items coming true!?  Maybe I need to wish every day of the week since my luck is so good lately!


*Disclaimer: This is in no way, shape, or form mildly related to decorating or my house.  But you should totally still read it anyway because I cannot contain my joy!


Here's the story: So my car is a piece.  It's not long for this world.  It is leaking brake fluid, has a broken tire rod, a driver's side door that sometimes decides not to stay shut when rounding a turn, AND it needs two new back tires.  It's a 2001 Cavalier with 76,000 miles on it.  Before she belonged to me, Bertha (as I affectionately call her because she reminds me of a heavy-set, slow-paced Southern lady who likes to sit on her front porch watching the neighbors and drinking sweet tea) belonged to my mother in law.  She did not take care of poor Bertha, and therefore, Bertha's life has been cut short.  In fact, I think she needs to be placed in Hospice care for the next week while...


I wait to buy a BRAND. NEW. CAR!


I have never owned a nice car.  Ever.  My first car was a 17 year old Honda Accord, bless its heart, that saw me through my last two years of high school before kicking the bucket.  Then I was car-less for two years before Bertha hobbled into my life.


Well, the hubs has finally paid off his car, and that means that I get to pick out a car for the first time in my life.  I am beyond excited.  So excited, in fact, that exclamation points do less to illustrate my jubilation than the sheer shock of using a period.


Here are the two contenders:



The Ford Fiesta is a sassy little lady with a lot of kick.  I want a stick, and this stick is fab-u-lous.  It's so smooth and rides like a dream.  (That's what she said...?) And I love the green!!  Another plus?  39 miles per gallon on the highway, which just so happens to be where I spend 2 hours every single day during the school year.


The runner-up is the Honda Fit.  I've always been a Honda gal.  I just love 'em.  However, they can be a little pricey.  Enter the Fit: a reasonably priced Honda!  Woot!  I test drove one of these suckers before the hubs proposed; back then, the deal with my parents was a car for a graduation present from college, but I got a wedding instead.  

So I don't know which one of these saucy little numbers will replace Bertha, but I'm very excited to figure it out in the next few days!


No comments:

Post a Comment