DIY, decorating, and navigating through life as a newlywed.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

The New Rug is Here!

You may remember this post from last Wishlist Wednesday where I pined over a new rug for the entryway.  Well... the rug is here!


I decided on West Elm's Jute Boucle Rug in the clay color, which you can find here if you are so in love that you must have one for your own entryway.


If you recall, this was the rug that we had before yesterday:


Clash city.
And here is the new rug!

It is certainly an improvement in the color
department.


I love how this rug feels.  I also like the texture
since it's such a plain rug.
So what do you think?  I'm not 100% sold on it yet, but the hubs likes it a lot.  The more I look at it, the more I like it.  I was torn between the clay shade and platinum, and I think platinum would've looked a bit better.  It's a little darker than I expected it to be and it really stands out on that white (*gag*) tile.  I think the reason I'm hesitant about it is because it seems to draw more attention to the tile... I don't know... But we are planning on getting hardwoods in the entryway this year, so I think the rug will look nice with those.  

1 comment: