DIY, decorating, and navigating through life as a newlywed.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

New Hair!

I got my hair cut today, and I feel so refreshed.  It's amazing what cutting off a couple of inches does for your self-image and confidence.   I'm one to believe that cutting off hair can give you a bit of a fresh, or in this case a refreshed, start.


So, with our first anniversary rolling around and my sixth summer coaching season coming to a close this evening, I figured that a new haircut was needed.


Here's a before picture, taken this morning before I left for the salon:


That curl is all natural, baby.  When straight, my hair touched just
below my shoulders.  In this heat wave, straightening my hair
is a waste of time; it'll just end up like this anyway.  
And the after:

Sorry, there wasn't a hubby to take the picture
this time.  I love the cut!  But... this picture
makes me realize that I really need to start
lifting with my arms again...
Oh, and here's the spice.  Yes, the spice.  That's what I call a little hidden piece of wild that I like to get at the salon every once and a while.  Once, it was a strip of bright blue in my bangs.  Another time it was a fun little bit of hot pink on my tips (when my hair was longer).  And this time...

It's two hair feathers!

Fun!  I've got a hot pink one under the black
and white feather.  I love them!  They are so
fun and they come in all kinds of colors
and sizes.
Here's the hair cut that I really want, but can't get the guts to chop it like this.

Yes, that's Katie Holmes.  Normally, due to her husband's strangeness,
I tend to avoid anything about her.  But I've gotta admit: girlfriend has
some serious style.  I want that hair.
It looks so cute and easy to take care of.  Just blow dry it, straighten the long bits, and add some product, and you're good to go.  Wouldn't that be nice.  Maybe someday I'll get the guts...  Talk me into it?



1 comment:

  1. I love it! Super cute on you too :) My hair is similar, just a longer version

    ReplyDelete