DIY, decorating, and navigating through life as a newlywed.

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Back from Wisconsin!

I always have such mixed feelings about returning to Illinois from my home state.  On one hand, I enjoy coming home to this face:
On the other hand, I NEVER want to return to Illinois because, even after 11 years, it's just not home.  But nowhere is home without the puppy!  So, although I miss Wisconsin like crazy, it looks like I'm going to have to be content in Illinois... for now.

However, I did have an amazing time at home visiting family and seeing Jason Mraz at Summerfest.  He honestly puts on the best show that I've seen!  It amazes me that when there are artists out there with such incredible, raw, real talent like Jason, most radio stations play such fake crap.

We arrived to Milwaukee around 2pm and took the tour of the Miller Brewery.  It was pretty cool.  The hubs and I had gone on the tour about two years ago, and assumed it would be the same, but it wasn't.  For a free tour, it's pretty cool!  You get three big samples of fresh beer of your choice at the end, too!  I tried Miller Light, Summer Shandy, and MGD 64 Lemonade. Tasty! 

From there, we headed to Mo's Irish Pub in downtown Milwaukee.  I got a killer Ruben and some tasty Summer Shandy before we made our way down to the lakefront to see Jason Mraz at Summerfest! 

The hubs and I waiting for Jason to come on.
My cousins (Lindsey and Jordan) and I all hot and sweaty before
the concert.  That place was packed!

Hm... Bromance perhaps? 
And then the goofing around stopped (well... sort of.  Jason certainly encouraged much goofing around once he started to play.), the lights went dim, and then we heard him.  

"Yaaaay oh!  Yaaay ay oh!  Doob be doo doo!"  

Jason came out and started scatting with the crowd in a call-and-response style, moving his hips and playing that guitar like mad.  I knew we were in for a good show the second that he came on stage... barefoot! 

The bongo drummer was pretty awesome, too.  He wore a
Cheesehead for a while!
Although it was terribly hot, 89 degrees, it started to cool off about 30 minutes into Jason's set.  He was extremely interactive with the crowd and it is obvious that he loves what he does for a living. He's incredibly talented and impressed me for the entire concert, which was about two hours.  

I'm Yours forever, Jason!
There was never a dull moment!  The whole crowd was dancing and singing along the whole time.  There were even a few beach balls going around the amphitheater, too!  He added some new songs to the set list, and played some older favorites.  He also threw in a few covers, transitioning seamlessly from his own music to the covers.

It was awesome to be so close to the stage!  At one point, Jason brought a girl from the crowd up on stage to "funk" with him.  Needless to say, I was (and still am) very jealous.  

  

 I am going to be looking out for more tour dates after his next album comes out.  What a talented man!  I feel very lucky to have had the opportunity to see him in concert!

No comments:

Post a Comment