DIY, decorating, and navigating through life as a newlywed.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Wishlist Wednesday!

Well folks, it's that time of the week again!  As I sit here eating this:


...and pretending that it is this:


... here's what else I'm wishing for today!

You can imagine that with a puppy such as Zeke in my house--who sheds like it's his job--having a duvet cover with a large amount of white on it would be a problem.  Well guess what?  It is!  Our duvet is currently this:

Trust me, it's white.  My camera sucks.  Putting
a new one on my Christmas list this year.  Wish I
could put a new bed on there too..
No matter how hard we try, we cannot keep the pup off of the bed!  And with such a cute face, can you blame us for caving in?  So, at less than a year old, I want to retire this particular duvet for something a little less... white.  Since the whole master bedroom is decorated with the color scheme of my bedding, this makes the job a bit tricky.  However, I have found a duvet that I have fallen in love with.  Meet the pintuck duvet from West Elm.

Shown in Sea Spray, which just so happens to be the color
that I need.
Isn't she gorgeous!?  I think know I'm in love.  Throw in that beautiful headboard and we've got a deal.

And while we're on the topic of bedding, I hate--with a passion--our current bedroom set.  Do you want to know why?  I've had that bedroom set since this particular bedding graced it's 1990s glorious self:
That's nice, huh?
So what the hell?  I'm putting a new bedroom set on my wishlist.  I'd love to get rid of the bedroom set I've had since the 2nd grade and replace it with something that's actually my taste and a little less 90-yead-old-lady looking.  Here are some possible options:

I love the color  of this wood and the subtle detailing on the headboard. 
I love the dressers and the bed frame here.  And yes, it's very
realistic to assume that I, too, upon buying this bedroom set,
will have a tray of apples on the floor.

I don't know why I like this one.  It's a little more traditional and
bulky, but it catches my eye for some reason.

Since we just bought new living room furniture this year, we are hoping to wait until that's all paid off before buying a new bedroom set, which makes me sad but my wallet happy.  Oh well, I guess that's why it's called a wishlist.








1 comment:

  1. The duvet you picked out is gorgeous! Love it love it love it! And the last bedroom set you posted happens to be my favorite...even if it is bulky ;)

    ReplyDelete