DIY, decorating, and navigating through life as a newlywed.

Friday, June 10, 2011

Looky, an Award!



I want to give a huge shout out to Coley over at What You Make It... for awarding me with the Versatile Blogger Award!  I'm excited to know that somebody thinks that the things I've done around the house are award worthy!  I'm so flattered!  Be sure you check out Coley's blog.  It's fab-u-lous.  I am especially having a mega kitchen crush on her newly revamped kitchen cabinets, back splash, and counters. Take a peek!  
For this award, the blogger must:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award & link
back to their site in your original post.
2. Tell us seven things about yourself.
3. Pass along the award to five newly discovered bloggers.
4.Contact these bloggers and let them know they got
this award. 

So here are some fun facts about me!
1. I am a mega Cheesehead stuck living in Illinois.  I moved to Illinois from Wisconsin about 11 years ago when I was 12 because my dad got a job teaching at a state university.  I miss Wisconsin so much, even 11 years later, but I get to go back all of the time because my whole family lives there!  Plus side?  Somehow, God blessed me with a Packer fan hubby from Illinois!  How'd that happen?!
Packers versus 49ers game in 2010.


2. I studied abroad in London, England for a little over a month in college.  My dad was the university coordinator for my college, and the classes I took were focused on urban education.  I was based out of King's College in downtown London.  It was the best month of my life.  I hope to be able to go back for a longer visit or even live there someday.  
On the Queen's Walk.


3. I met my hubby at my first real job lifeguarding at a health club, where I still currently coach swim team.  I was 16 and he was 18.  We've been together ever since!
We were so young!


4. I swam competitively since I was 5, and for the past 6 years, I've coached a local swim team year round.  It's awesome because my best friend coaches with me!
Attractive, I know.


5. I love to write.  I hope to one day publish a book.  I've had a few short stories published, but I'm still working on my novel.

6. I love animals, but dogs especially.  The hubs and I adopted our Pit Bull puppy, Zeke, from a rescue on August 30, 2010.  He completed our little family!  I love him to death, and could not have asked for a better dog.  He's so cuddly and sweet and playful.  He's the best!  It makes me so sad when people get scared when I tell them that Zeke's a Pit Bull, but they usually change their minds after meeting our big snuggle bug!
He claimed the "Packer Blanket" about 5 minutes after arriving at
his new home.  He loves to get cozy in it!


7. My hubby is exactly one foot taller than me.  I'm 5'3" on the dot, and he's 6'3" on the dot!  We make for an interesting pair to photograph.

Now that you a little more about the chick behind this blog that you follow, it's time for me to pass this award on to five of my favorite blogs! These are in no particular order.  I hope that you love these blogs and find them inspiring, as I do!  

1 comment:

  1. Your Welcome :) I grew up in MN and am a huge Packers fan (weird!) and my husband is from ND and is a Packers fan too (weirder!)

    ReplyDelete