DIY, decorating, and navigating through life as a newlywed.

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Productive Sunday!

My hubby and I had such a productive day today!  After what has felt like WEEKS of rain (and it really has nearly been 2 weeks without sun), it was finally sunny this morning.  Although it's raining now (boo!), we accomplished quite a bit today.


Probably what I'm most excited about is this:


There you see it hung up in the entryway in all its glory.  We have a terrible time keeping mail in one spot.  We are constantly worrying about where a bill has gone or where the mail we meant to send out ran off to.  I was able to find this beauty at Hobby Lobby for 50% off, so it came to a grand total of $18.96, money well spent in my opinion.  The hubby also has a habit of loosing his keys on a daily basis, so this will hopefully help with that.


So now our mail went from this disaster...


To this wonderful, organized little mail station!

I even caught my hubby putting his keys on the little hook when he came in from working in the yard!  Score!  Now maybe I won't get calls from him when I'm on my way to work in the morning looking for his keys...

We also cleaned out our entire garage and organized our shoes out there.  I don't have any pictures yet (figured it wasn't too exciting), but trust me when I say that it was like a federal disaster zone in there.  What a mess!  Everything that we never unpacked after moving in last July had been put in there until we could figure out what to do with it.  I'll just say this: we took an entire truckload of junk to the city dumpster today.  But our garage has never looked so clean and organized!

Finally, for your viewing enjoyment, here's something that has absolutely nothing to do with decorating or improving my home.  But it is pretty adorable.  I give you exhibit A: a pit bull puppy with his tummy full of steak scraps dreaming peacefully of clothes fresh out of the dryer and probably more steak.


No comments:

Post a Comment