DIY, decorating, and navigating through life as a newlywed.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Awesome Garage Sale Finds!

My parents' neighborhood garage sale started last night, and although I'm not usually a garage sale kind of gal, I told my mom I'd go with her.  I am certainly glad that I did!  I scored some awesome deals on really nice home decor.


One of the sales that we went to was full of name-brand decor and clothes, almost all of it still with tags on!  Here is what I found there:
Super cute trivets!  A girl can never have
too many of these suckers.  $2.00 each!

Very adorable Pottery Barn dish.  Broke the bank?
Nah, just $4.00!
It's hard to see, but there's some beautiful
detailing along the bottom.
And these are my most favorite find out of all of them.  Two beautiful Pier One wicker chairs that have only been used twice!  The homeowners are in the process of downsizing and had purchased 4 of these chairs at the end of the season last summer, but can only fit 2 at their new house.  Guess the price?  $35 for both chairs!  These chairs retail at Pier One for $149; I know because I wanted them last year.  Yay!
Sorry for the crappy garage picture.  It's rainy
so I haven't put them on the porch yet.  I'll
be stopping by Pier One for cushions soon!
And then the rummage sale shopping continued into today.  Not only did I find about 10 books for my classroom that the adolescents are going to go gaga over, but I also hit up another Pier One score.  This vase for $10!
There is it on my landing.  I love it!  It matches
the red in my living room perfectly.  Now for
something to put in it...
So besides listening (and watching) my mother ogle over all of the baby clothes for my little cousin--she kept also citing her future grandchild (gag)--it was actually a very successful garage sale weekend!





1 comment:

  1. Great finds! I seem to have little patience for garage saling on Saturdays...but our neighborhood is having a garage sale this Saturday and they do a preview sale on Friday night for residents, so maybe I'll have some luck! I love the wicker chairs. I would hang those trivets on my wall--they have a great design!

    ReplyDelete