DIY, decorating, and navigating through life as a newlywed.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Wainscoting!

I want wainscoting SOOOOO badly!  I'm kind of at the point where I don't even care where it goes, as long as it finds a way on four of the walls in my house.  Heck, I'll even settle for a staircase with some beautiful wainscoting running up them.  

Here's the room where I'm thinking of putting some up:


This is our gigantic downstairs that is in desperate need of some TLC.  It's become the dumping ground for all things that we don't know what to do with.  This is only half of the room.  We're planning on painting it an earthly green sometime this summer, but I think that some wainscoting would class it up down there a bit.

But then again... wouldn't it look fabulous in our entry?


Hm... yes, still no new rugs.  But wouldn't that wainscoting look nice?  Maybe I'll just go wainscoting crazy and do the whole downstairs!  Too much?  Hm... Bottom line: I want it.  Nay, I need it.  Okay, maybe a bit dramatic, but it will get done.  Soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment