DIY, decorating, and navigating through life as a newlywed.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Desk is Finished!

Okay, I'll be the first to admit that I have been a lazy, terrible blogger lately.  I wish I had something to blame it on, but I don't really, unless you include becoming incredibly addicted to all four seasons of Prison Break.  Sure, why not?  That's what we'll blame it on--Michael Scofield and company wasting hours upon hours of my life.

But, despite Scofield's desperate attempts to occupy my entire Sunday afternoon (a very tempting prospect, mind you), I finished my desk!  You know, that desk I started working on about a month ago?  Yeah, that one.


I am very proud to report that it is a beaut.  Yes, I'm speaking in a different country's slang because I'm so happy with it.  Bet you want some pictures right about now, huh?


Yes, I know, I'm such a tease.  This was the beautiful desk in mid-project, so sad and naked sitting in my mess of a garage. "Please," it called to me many-a-night, "stain me!  Paint me!  Don't leave me in such a vulnerable state!"  And one night, I decided to put the desk out of its misery.



And there you have it, folks, the finished craft desk!  It was a looooong process, but I'm glad I did it.  I think it'll look fine and dandy in my little craft nook (you know, once I actually get the time to organize said craft nook).






Isn't she fab-u-olous?!  Yes, the desk is a she, mostly because of the pretty little knobs.




And just in case you wanted a close-up of the stain job, ta da!  I used a cherry gel stain, and love it.  









Will I ever re-finish something again?  Um... YES!!  I think that I've found my new addiction.  Forget the unfinished nearly year-old wedding scrapbook.  Or the unfinished London scrapbook.  THIS is my calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment